April 16, 2011

How Long?

I guess I'm not ready for the responsibilities of a blog. :) It's not like I have an interesting life anyways, though. Don't worry; you're not missing out on much. School's going pretty well. We're reading Romeo & Juliet in English, and I personally love it. Old timely literature really interests me. I got my permit. In one try. And I only missed 6 questions. I'm pretty sure you're only allowed 6. So I guess it's smarter to read the book more than once. ;) I also got a puppy. She's pretty much the greatest puppy in the world. She's real cute, and she never barks. Ever! There's my quick update I guess. Told you it wasn't much.

Well, one really exciting thing has happened though. Blake went to the MTC! He's going to Nashville, Tennessee; I'm sure everyone knows that by now though. The people in his mission will definitely be lucky to have him. He's been studying his scriptures and all kinds of church magazines, books, and the like for the past few months. He's so ready for this.
I just wanted to say a few of my favorite things about Blake. He is a really great brother. He's always got my back. I only remember one time that he's ever had a "bad attitude" toward me and I was shocked. Of course, his bad attitude isn't really that bad. He has a really strong testimony and he's an amazing example. He definitely encourages me to be good, too. He's also smart. So smart. He actually watches the news. And reads the news online. He has one of those really great senses of humor that your average idiot doesn't quite understand. He's so funny and clever. He's always making me laugh. If you meet Blake, there's no way you won't like him. I'm pretty sure it's impossible. He's just a really likable guy. With soft hair. :) He's pretty good looking too. ;)






Besides that, one thing that I really love to do is find new musicians on Youtube or just by recommendations from people. Along with that, finding covers of all the crappy music on the radio. My favorite "cover artist" of late is Tyler Ward. He is so amazing. He makes Top 40 Hits bearable. For me, anyways. And he introduces a lot of really great, unknown artists. Such as Julia Sheer. These people have real, natural talent. No auto-tune included.

For example, there's one song out there right now getting all kinds of beat downs. Well deserved, beat downs, I might add. It's terrible. The auto-tuning is ridiculous, the lyrics are silly, and the poor girl singing it just looks like a complete idiot. I'm talking about Friday, by Rebecca Black. And as stupid as the song is, I found a cover of it that makes the stupid lyrics almost acceptable. The girl is Ally Rhodes. I found her at http://musicitis.blogspot.com/2011/03/ally-rhodes-singersongwritermusician.html. I must say, as a side note, I really like this site. They post some really great artists. Anyways, she's from Nebraska/Tennessee. Not sure how that works, but that's what the site says. If you're interested in this at all you can go to the before mentioned link and there are more links to her YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter accounts.

Here's the original video, Rebecca Black version. Try not to laugh too hard. ;) She didn't mean for it to be a joke.

And here's Ally Rhodes' cover of it.


It'll probably be a while before I post anything again. :)

1 comment:

Jake and Mal said...

How fun! I'm glad you updated :) Blake is going to be a great missionary! That Friday song is pretty funny, our favorite part is "and Sunday comes afterwaaaaaaaaards" haha duh ;)